WHO WE ARE
The Cairns Cycling Club is a cycle racing orientated club focused on road and track racing. We also hold cyclocross races from time to time. We are the only club in the Cairns region doing this, and the only cycling club in Far North Queensland that holds regular racing.
In addition, the club organises track training and social events, generally published on our Facebook page.
The club is an incorporated association, and is affiliated with:
- state (Queensland Cyclists Association, otherwise known as Cycling Queensland, or CQ),
- national (Australian Cycling Federation, (otherwise known as Cycling Australia, or CA), and;
- international (Union Cycliste Internationale, in English the International Cycling Union, otherwise known as the UCI);
- administrative bodies for cycle racing.
WHAT WE DO
The club has the following involvements in cycle racing in Far North Queensland:
- Conducting club track racing events weekly (weather permitting).
- Conducting club road racing and criterium events (35 – 40 per year)
- Conduct cyclocross races from time to time
- Training and organising training for Commissaires
- Training and organising training for Coaches
- Conducting Junior Development, introductory and skills development activities